USMLE Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there everyone,

I just found out about wikitestprep by reading some of the forums online...well I was wondering for the people that have done it (and especially the people who have already taken the USMLE exam too) what is your opinion about it? Is it any good or is it just waste of time? Are the questions similar to the actual exam or are they easier than the actual exam? Also, i noticed that it predicts the step 1 score...is that any accurate or not?

Thanks for your help...and sorry there are so many questions..but please do answer them all if you can!

·
Registered
365 Posts
Hello there everyone,

I just found out about wikitestprep by reading some of the forums online...well I was wondering for the people that have done it (and especially the people who have already taken the USMLE exam too) what is your opinion about it? Is it any good or is it just waste of time? Are the questions similar to the actual exam or are they easier than the actual exam? Also, i noticed that it predicts the step 1 score...is that any accurate or not?

Thanks for your help...and sorry there are so many questions..but please do answer them all if you can!
I did them before I took my exam (i passed step 1).

I found the questions a lot easier, but I did every question bank their was. The more qbanks you do, the better off you are.

Should you do it? Yes. there is only `750 questions to it, and it does give you good practice and another way of looking at the questions.

its free, so do 20 a night and you'll kick them out really quick.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Thanks for the unintentional heads-up, noone_123i! I've never heard about this website before. I'll have a 1 month of fulltime preparation after I'm done with UW, so I think this may help. However, I've just checked it out, and the first question I was asked was about hemolytic anemia dt pyruvate kinase deficiency. Quite straightforward if you ask me! I hope there are tougher questions than this one... :sleepy:

·
Registered
625 Posts
You know - a friend of mine wrote the exam in June and they said that the qbank that was the best approximation of the real thing was wikitestprep - I don't think we should use that to tell us we're ready, but it was a strong endorsement in favour of doing the questions.

Definitely worth doing I'd say... 750 questions and if you set the timer to 1 min per question it'll definitely help with timing issues.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Thanks for the unintentional heads-up, noone_123i! I've never heard about this website before. I'll have a 1 month of fulltime preparation after I'm done with UW, so I think this may help. However, I've just checked it out, and the first question I was asked was about hemolytic anemia dt pyruvate kinase deficiency. Quite straightforward if you ask me! I hope there are tougher questions than this one... :sleepy:
Do you remember the question about Basic physio and Head trauma? that was actually from there! so there are some good questions there, but if i'm getting "238" in the first approximation, and I KNOW for a fact that i'm not THAT ready, so obviously its a little easier, but some of the questions do test concepts, so if nothing else its good revision for basics/general comprehension.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Do you remember the question about Basic physio and Head trauma? that was actually from there! so there are some good questions there, but if i'm getting "238" in the first approximation, and I KNOW for a fact that i'm not THAT ready, so obviously its a little easier, but some of the questions do test concepts, so if nothing else its good revision for basics/general comprehension.
I thought that was a good question - I guess the bank is going to be harder than i thought I was looking to finish it in 2 days but I guess that's not happening now....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts