USMLE Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Is anyone taking step one in may?my exam is in may and my eligibility period ends in may.i hear a lot of people changing their date because of the new changes in step one pattern that will be effective from may because they think it will affect their scores.Can anyone shed some light on this problem??:confused:

·
Registered
69 Posts
well honestly this freakout happens whenever there's a change. i personally believe the knowledge that's required of you largely remains the same, if you have a good grasp of concepts and have solved a ton of questions, chances are you'll do well regardless of when you take the exam.
i personally think you should go at your own pace and only take the exam when you're prepared and your NBME scores are where you want them to be.

·
Registered
54 Posts
same boat

hey,
im in the same boat and my eligibility ends in may too....how i wish they could've made the change like 1 month after!! hahaha...

Im also like freaking out as to write it before etc etc. I cant seem to find any info and obviously until people start taking it it wont be known for sure. I think that the concepts have to remain the same....and honestly I think they've been changing the question pool for sometime now from what ive heard i highly doubt that like on may 9th suddenly the ENTIRE question pool gets changed...the questions have been longer for a while...the exams been changing for some time its just their gona make the shorter. I think the only thing maybe...to be worried if anything is the marking. Less questions...less room for error....easier to pass....easier to..not to well. thats my guess...
any other imput would be great!
p.s where abouts are you and whens ur exam we could like pace it out on skype if ud like.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey guys..same worry..i too hv my exam in may end..i hv worry that will the nbmes predict accurately since the exam as everyone is saying will be harder with less questions..how to decide whether we are ready to give the exam ..:confused:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts