USMLE Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

I'm a fourth year med student at university in England.

Has anyone experience of the clinical elective in orthopaedics and rehabilitation offered by Yale for visiting medical students? I'm quite keen to apply for it in my elective period next year, but don't know the best place to gather some more info before doing so.

Does anyone know the sorts of entry requirements? Specifically, does a PhD tend to be a pre-requisite? I have a BSc (Hons) and wouldn't be able to compete solely on the basis of pre-existing qualifications.

Does anyone know the applicants-to-places ratio?

If anyone has done this programme, was it value for money?

Thanks to anyone who can point me in the right direction :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi all!

I have been accepted to rotate at the Yale School of Medicine in the Dept of OB/GYN during the perid January 28-February 22. Is there anybody else who's gna be at Yale during the same time? It'll be nice to know somebody before the elective begins!

I am also looking for accomodation (sublets mainly) during this period. Any suggestions? Alternatively, I am open to the idea of sharing an apartment. If there's anybody in need of a roommate, please do let me know!

How good is an elective at Yale School of Medicine? Do they give LORs? Is it true that they expect a lot from medical students?

Prompt replies will be appreciated!

Thanks!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts