USMLE Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently researching IM programs to apply to and quite a number have a year's since graduation cut off of 5 years. Since my YOG is 2010, will I be under this. I keep asking people and different people say different things. Does anyone have any input? Thanks.

·
Vendor
271 Posts
You calculate the years since graduation from how many years it will be by the time you apply. For example, if you graduated in May or June 2010, it will be 6 years or less by September 2015.

-Olivia
Match A Resident Support

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I graduated in March 2010, so is it useless applying for programs with a 5y cut off?? My other stats are 245/258/pass, all on first attempt/6 months observerships /4 strong US LORS. Thanks again for your assistance.

·
Vendor
271 Posts
You will still count as more than a "5 years or less" cutoff. However, I wouldn't say it's useless, but I also wouldn't put those programs at the top of your list, especially if you have budget limitations.

If you want to take a chance with those programs, you will need to make sure your whole application is strong. You already have the test scores, so pay close attention to your supporting documents.

-Olivia
Match A Resident Support

Reactions: ahmadu90
1 - 5 of 5 Posts