Should we apply? If so, then when?
I'm in the same boat with you, trying to get as much info about it so I can take a decision.
My test is scheduled (so far) on 08/12. First thing, I thought I might take an NBME and see if I am in semi-OK place and then put a strategy for the the next 4 weeks (thinking that I might find a spot on 07/27). I called the prometric center and see if they have a spot. They said no, the only available days are 07/16 and 07/17. For me that was it. It is either I push it even closer and take the test in 3 weeks, or to start checking the other centers (the closest one would be 100 miles away), and go through all the details of changing it and managing for travelling and all (Just to be able to take the exam in the day they decided, which is not convenient form the start). Now the question is, let's assume that we got our result on the 25th and my credentials are already verified (means I will be certified right away). What is the best thing to do? to apply late, or to apply on the 15th and hope the result and verification is going to be updated before the whole process starts the serious part of deciding who to be filtered and who to be interviewed?