Are we required to confirm exam?
My exam is next tueday, and I read on my scheduling permit that I'm required to "confirm" my appointment date a week before.
Is it really necessary?
Actually is not a bad idea to call, but you can call today, but i know people that never call and show up at the exam day.. so call is not gonna hurt.
The call is just to be sure that everything is under control. Remember the Markable things for your exam day as DIT says... It will help...
- Biostats ( sen, spec, ppv, npv, etc )
- error square
- Some Cd markers if you dont know then already.
- Developmental on childrens
- Phram Formulas
- Lung Diagraphm
Test Day Tips ( DIT Advise )
• Bring a cooler with ice, water, Gatorade, juices, ... , Pack a lunch, Bring some fruits and snacks,
(You may not be able to predict what you're going to want to eat so it's better to bring too much than too
little) Eat light, not heavy.
• Consider getting out in the sun and/or stretching during your breaks.
• Bring a light sweater to shirt in case it's cold.
• Don't forget your ID and USMLE pass.
• Take your breaks when you need them/however you want them (for example: 2 sections ~break
~ 2 sections ~break ~ 1 section ~break ~2 sections) Some breaks may need to be longer than others.
Don't be afraid to take a small 5 min bathroom break.
• Expect 5-10 questions in each section that you have never seen before. If you expect this, then it won't freak you out when it happens (and it will happen).
.. .Good Luck and i know u will do it great .. May God be with you =)
Note: On the exam day you will have like 3 or 4 laminated sheet with some crayon, as soon as you get into the exam you can right down things that you may thing that you will forget as the formula and developmental stone. ( That's what DIT says markable topics )...
Im not saying you should bring material with you, some people say you should, others say you shouldn't because it can build up stress or something like that.
Just go as you normally go with normal exam but in this case you are more than prepare... =)
I am planning on going over the FA images and RR Path images as well as the list of forgetabbles.
Does anyone know the size of the lockers? Incase I have a whole bunch of stuff to bring?
I called Prometric yesterday to confirm, that's 5 days before the exam..just to make sure everything is ok. They tell you to go 30 mins before the hour set so they can show you where the washroom and lockers are.
|All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:21 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
USMLE® & other trade marks belong to their respective owners, read full disclaimer
USMLE Forums created under Creative Commons 3.0 License. (2009-2019)