USMLE Forums

USMLE Forums (https://www.usmle-forums.com/)
-   USMLE Step 1 Forum (https://www.usmle-forums.com/usmle-step-1-forum/)
-   -   5th of October exam takers (https://www.usmle-forums.com/usmle-step-1-forum/213554-5th-october-exam-takers.html)

To Be 10-05-2015 06:34 PM

5th of October exam takers
 
Hi
I took my exam yesterday.. Should I expect the results on 21th or 28th.
And btw I really really have bad feelings towards the exam. Guys take my advice and study pelvic anatomy in DETALIS !!!!
If I'm not wrong I got about 8-9 questions out 13-15 questions in anatomy!! only in this silly topic and they were agnoring other parts of the body.

ucheeee 10-05-2015 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by To Be (Post 893146)
Hi
I took my exam yesterday.. Should I expect the results on 21th or 28th.
And btw I really really have bad feelings towards the exam. Guys take my advice and study pelvic anatomy in DETALIS !!!!
If I'm not wrong I got about 8-9 questions out 13-15 questions in anatomy!! only in this silly topic and they were agnoring other parts of the body.


What did those questions look like?

resident17 10-05-2015 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by To Be (Post 893146)
Hi
I took my exam yesterday.. Should I expect the results on 21th or 28th.
And btw I really really have bad feelings towards the exam. Guys take my advice and study pelvic anatomy in DETALIS !!!!
If I'm not wrong I got about 8-9 questions out 13-15 questions in anatomy!! only in this silly topic and they were agnoring other parts of the body.

28th. Best of luck

Km188 10-05-2015 10:52 PM

Is kaplan+FA+uworld enough for anatomy?

quacky.mcquacky 10-08-2015 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by To Be (Post 893146)
Hi
I took my exam yesterday.. Should I expect the results on 21th or 28th.
And btw I really really have bad feelings towards the exam. Guys take my advice and study pelvic anatomy in DETALIS !!!!
If I'm not wrong I got about 8-9 questions out 13-15 questions in anatomy!! only in this silly topic and they were agnoring other parts of the body.

I've been there today. I'm not even sure if I want to see the results or not.

To Be 10-09-2015 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quacky.mcquacky (Post 897786)
I've been there today. I'm not even sure if I want to see the results or not.

How was the cardio section ? I took in this section stars on last 2 nbmes but actually in the exam I felt like I will fail!! 3ecgs werent clear at all,, 2 heart sounds are also impossible to know as I'm used to cardiac sound but the exam audios were joke :o

quacky.mcquacky 10-09-2015 01:19 AM

Well, I suck at ECG's. So I didn't even try to prepare for that. I guessed, and we'll see. Heart sound were ok for me. But I was prepared that: hearst sounds, CTs, MRIs, histology, ECGs and all other multimedia were out of reach for me, so I didn't freak out about that too much.
But otherwise, I wasn't even close to being sure on cardio questions.
Anyway, for me micro kind of stuck out. I have no idea how many questions there were, but I felt like I got a lot of them wrong.
All in all, I feel like a failure. I don't think I failed the exam, but I don't think the score will be what I'd like it to be.

To Be 10-09-2015 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quacky.mcquacky (Post 898178)
Well, I suck at ECG's. So I didn't even try to prepare for that. I guessed, and we'll see. Heart sound were ok for me. But I was prepared that: hearst sounds, CTs, MRIs, histology, ECGs and all other multimedia were out of reach for me, so I didn't freak out about that too much.
But otherwise, I wasn't even close to being sure on cardio questions.
Anyway, for me micro kind of stuck out. I have no idea how many questions there were, but I felt like I got a lot of them wrong.
All in all, I feel like a failure. I don't think I failed the exam, but I don't think the score will be what I'd like it to be.

Yeah same here it's not about failing the exam but I didn't really perform well as in my last nbme before the exam..
Micro was ok for me but cell biology and pelvic anatomy qs were the real issue

Anyway I hope you get good result...

datson 10-09-2015 02:00 AM

Hypothetically will reading Uworld + FA and knowing everything in them be enough to answer enough questions to get 250+?
I mean when you when back after the exam and checked did you find all the answers in Uworld and FA?

quacky.mcquacky 10-09-2015 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by datson (Post 898202)
Hypothetically will reading Uworld + FA and knowing everything in them be enough to answer enough questions to get 250+?
I mean when you when back after the exam and checked did you find all the answers in Uworld and FA?

Lol. When I was preparing for the test I was desperately looking for answer to this question. I learned like 70% of FA. (I didn't use other sources for the last like 3 months. I did all UW questions, but I didn't read most of the explanations, esp the questions I got right. I finished with cca 77/78% on UW, so there weren't that many explanations I actually read through. But doing questions was definitely essential part of my prep.
I don't know if it's enough for 250, I can let you know in 3 weeks. But I would say that for the most part, FA+UW combo is enough.

quacky.mcquacky 10-09-2015 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by To Be (Post 898194)
Yeah same here it's not about failing the exam but I didn't really perform well as in my last nbme before the exam..
Micro was ok for me but cell biology and pelvic anatomy qs were the real issue

Anyway I hope you get good result...

I like woke up today thinking well. I should go there again and do it for real. When I think about the exam I feel like it was 'just another practice test' and I didn't try hard enough. I don't know. I feel really depressed right now. But it doesn't matter. There is nothing I can do, so I'm just gonna wait.

Anyway, wish you the best of luck as well.

datson 10-09-2015 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quacky.mcquacky (Post 898210)
Lol. When I was preparing for the test I was desperately looking for answer to this question. I learned like 70% of FA. (I didn't use other sources for the last like 3 months. I did all UW questions, but I didn't read most of the explanations, esp the questions I got right. I finished with cca 77/78% on UW, so there weren't that many explanations I actually read through. But doing questions was definitely essential part of my prep.
I don't know if it's enough for 250, I can let you know in 3 weeks. But I would say that for the most part, FA+UW combo is enough.

My exam is on Dec 3rd. I have 35% of uworld left which I hope to finish in 2 weeks max. I am also reading FA side by side.
I am trying to figure out what to read the last month. I will definitely do Uworld and FA. Pathoma maybe.
But Kaplan am not sure because there is so much I don't remember from those books. I am considering going through the questions after each chapter. Do you think that is a good idea?

quacky.mcquacky 10-09-2015 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by datson (Post 898202)
Hypothetically will reading Uworld + FA and knowing everything in them be enough to answer enough questions to get 250+?
I mean when you when back after the exam and checked did you find all the answers in Uworld and FA?

I didn't check for answers. Either I knew the questions or I did not. I remember a few mistakes I did, but trying to think about all the mistakes I made would make me go crazy I guess. So I let it go.

quacky.mcquacky 10-09-2015 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by datson (Post 898234)
My exam is on Dec 3rd. I have 35% of uworld left which I hope to finish in 2 weeks max. I am also reading FA side by side.
I am trying to figure out what to read the last month. I will definitely do Uworld and FA. Pathoma maybe.
But Kaplan am not sure because there is so much I don't remember from those books. I am considering going through the questions after each chapter. Do you think that is a good idea?

What are your UW scores? I mean like - what are your averages for last 7-8 blocks?

datson 10-09-2015 02:51 AM

So far its 74%
But am doing it subject-wise

quacky.mcquacky 10-09-2015 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by datson (Post 898274)
So far its 74%

Ok, that's a good score. Don't go through kaplan. It's too huge for last month.
FA enough is fine. I wanted to do pathoma, but I felt like most of the info is in FA anyway. If you want my advice, FA alone or FA + UW edu objectives. Just that. Learn as much of it as you can and you'll be fine.
Revising one material many times is better than reading 20 materials once.

datson 10-09-2015 02:57 AM

Cool. Thanks a lot and good luck!

quacky.mcquacky 10-14-2015 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by To Be (Post 898194)
Yeah same here it's not about failing the exam but I didn't really perform well as in my last nbme before the exam..
Micro was ok for me but cell biology and pelvic anatomy qs were the real issue

Anyway I hope you get good result...

It's almost been a week since the exam and I am getting more and more freaked out. Thank God I have to do something during the day, otherwise I would probably go completely crazy. Anyway, how are you holding up? I'm trying really hard not to think about the test. Right now it's a total blur. I'm so scared. :(:(

And yes, pelvic anat was well...dreadful. TBH, I don't remember any cell bio qs. (Maybe I skipped something? :scared:)


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:13 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

USMLE® & other trade marks belong to their respective owners, read full disclaimer
USMLE Forums created under Creative Commons 3.0 License. (2009-2019)