waiting for step 1 result... - USMLE Forums
USMLE Forums Logo
USMLE Forums         Your Reliable USMLE Online Community     Members     Posts
Home
USMLE Articles
USMLE News
USMLE Polls
USMLE Books
USMLE Apps
Go Back   USMLE Forums > USMLE Step 1 Forum

USMLE Step 1 Forum USMLE Step 1 Discussion Forum: Let's talk about anything related to USMLE Step 1 exam


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-06-2017
ninu's Avatar
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 8
Threads: 4
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Reputation: 11
Default waiting for step 1 result...

Step 1 on 17th Jan 2017... waiting for my result ..tomorrow is the big day.. please help me m scared...
__________________
dnd..
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



  #2  
Old 02-06-2017
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: CK Only
Posts: 11
Threads: 1
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Reputation: 17
Default

Good luck - Remember take a breath, relax and let your studying come to the fore. Don't be "that guy/girl" that studied for 3 months to bomb out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
ninu (02-06-2017)
  #3  
Old 02-06-2017
ninu's Avatar
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 8
Threads: 4
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Reputation: 11
Default thank you

thank you so much.. countdown.. 1 day 4 hrs 35 minutes ..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
  #4  
Old 02-07-2017
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: ---
Posts: 113
Threads: 14
Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts
Reputation: 20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninu View Post
Step 1 on 17th Jan 2017... waiting for my result ..tomorrow is the big day.. please help me m scared...
good luck what were your nbme score?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 02-08-2017
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 23
Threads: 1
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Reputation: 14
Default

Good Luck!!!
Took mine Jan 21
I'm waiting for my score too...
Did you get your score yet? I dont see anything yet and I'm anxiously waiting
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 02-08-2017
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 83
Threads: 11
Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Reputation: 21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by medwannabe99 View Post
Good Luck!!!
Took mine Jan 21
I'm waiting for my score too...
Did you get your score yet? I dont see anything yet and I'm anxiously waiting
mine was on 23rd Jan..good luck everyone and to me too
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 02-08-2017
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 2
Threads: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Default

I took my exam in 25/1 ( 2 weeks ago )
pending score ..... next Wednesday
hope you all the best score
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 02-08-2017
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1 + CS
Posts: 36
Threads: 9
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Reputation: 12
Default

How was the test?

Can you guys tell me more or less? I've read a few reviews of people who have taken it this year and they said it was difficult as F*** (quote).

I'm taking mine in a few weeks, would appreciate your opinion
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 02-08-2017
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 23
Threads: 1
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Reputation: 14
Default

My score was not released today, so I'm hoping for next week.
Joanna1987 I dont want to scare you, but my particular exam was extremely difficult... much more difficult than UW and any NBME. I'm not sure why. I did great on UW and on NBMEs but the real exam for me was extremely tough.
However, other people have told me that their exam was straight forward and not as difficult as they thought it would be. I guess the difficulty of each exam varies. It's likely that yours could be easier and more straight forward. I wish you the best in your studies. Make sure you review UW like you're supposed to, so that you dont have any gaps in your knowledge. Review FA often and make sure to do Pathoma as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 02-08-2017
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 28
Threads: 2
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Reputation: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by medwannabe99 View Post
My score was not released today, so I'm hoping for next week.
Joanna1987 I dont want to scare you, but my particular exam was extremely difficult... much more difficult than UW and any NBME. I'm not sure why. I did great on UW and on NBMEs but the real exam for me was extremely tough.
However, other people have told me that their exam was straight forward and not as difficult as they thought it would be. I guess the difficulty of each exam varies. It's likely that yours could be easier and more straight forward. I wish you the best in your studies. Make sure you review UW like you're supposed to, so that you dont have any gaps in your knowledge. Review FA often and make sure to do Pathoma as well.
what was so different? were there concepts out of UFAP or was it just questions stated in difficult way?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #11  
Old 02-09-2017
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 83
Threads: 11
Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Reputation: 21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninu View Post
Step 1 on 17th Jan 2017... waiting for my result ..tomorrow is the big day.. please help me m scared...
whats ur score?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #12  
Old 02-15-2017
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 23
Threads: 1
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Reputation: 14
Default

Hey guys, I got my score report this morning. It did not go so well. I failed the exam. Not sure why or how, but I just need to gather myself again and figure things out from here on out. Been depressed all day and feeling discouraged. Anyway

I wish the rest of you the very best on test day and on score report day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
usmle_MA (02-16-2017)
  #13  
Old 02-15-2017
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 3
Threads: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Reputation: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by medwannabe99 View Post
Hey guys, I got my score report this morning. It did not go so well. I failed the exam. Not sure why or how, but I just need to gather myself again and figure things out from here on out. Been depressed all day and feeling discouraged. Anyway

I wish the rest of you the very best on test day and on score report day.
Just chill out and rest for a week or two, then get into preparation and retake and absolutely destroy that exam
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #14  
Old 02-16-2017
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: ---
Posts: 113
Threads: 14
Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts
Reputation: 20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by medwannabe99 View Post
Hey guys, I got my score report this morning. It did not go so well. I failed the exam. Not sure why or how, but I just need to gather myself again and figure things out from here on out. Been depressed all day and feeling discouraged. Anyway

I wish the rest of you the very best on test day and on score report day.
sorry to hear that but did u take any nbme before exam? what were your nbme score? can you please share them. thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #15  
Old 02-16-2017
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 83
Threads: 11
Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Reputation: 21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by medwannabe99 View Post
Hey guys, I got my score report this morning. It did not go so well. I failed the exam. Not sure why or how, but I just need to gather myself again and figure things out from here on out. Been depressed all day and feeling discouraged. Anyway

I wish the rest of you the very best on test day and on score report day.
same happened with me.. how was your nbme's ?

are u considering rescore?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



  #16  
Old 02-16-2017
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 23
Threads: 1
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Reputation: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmle_MA View Post
same happened with me.. how was your nbme's ?

are u considering rescore?
Wow man I'm really sorry to hear it happened to you too. I understand what you must be going through. I thought about a rescore initially, but I heard that the end result is usually the same and that it's basically pointless. Therefore, I'm not sure if I will waste time and money asking for a rescore. Are you thinking about doing it?

Right now I'm just trying to bring my family back together... They are very disappointed as well. This stupid exam is ripping my family apart!!
I'm also trying to figure out how to change up my studies for this exam and how to approach this now. I dont know where to start.

Yes I did take NBME as well as UWSA. I dont have the exact scores with me because I am currently traveling but my NBME scores were in the 220-230 range towards the end of my studies. When I first started studying, my NBME was a 175, and then my second one was 160. My UWSA #1 and #2 were 240s range which I saved for during the end of my study period.

When I took this exam, I felt as if 50% of the material was foreign to me. I felt as if I was taking the wrong test, and not the test that I studied for. I thought maybe I sat on someone else's computer by accident... To me, it did NOT feel like the qbanks at all. None of the "high yield" stuff that everyone talks about seemed to be on the exam, lol. That's how I felt at least... maybe it was just my exam. Maybe it was my nerves, idk. Either way, I gave it my best shot and used my best reasoning. Unfortunately, the test graders did not agree with my reasoning. I thought maybe I'll pass with low score.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #17  
Old 02-16-2017
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 83
Threads: 11
Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Reputation: 21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by medwannabe99 View Post
Wow man I'm really sorry to hear it happened to you too. I understand what you must be going through. I thought about a rescore initially, but I heard that the end result is usually the same and that it's basically pointless. Therefore, I'm not sure if I will waste time and money asking for a rescore. Are you thinking about doing it?

Right now I'm just trying to bring my family back together... They are very disappointed as well. This stupid exam is ripping my family apart!!
I'm also trying to figure out how to change up my studies for this exam and how to approach this now. I dont know where to start.

Yes I did take NBME as well as UWSA. I dont have the exact scores with me because I am currently traveling but my NBME scores were in the 220-230 range towards the end of my studies. When I first started studying, my NBME was a 175, and then my second one was 160. My UWSA #1 and #2 were 240s range which I saved for during the end of my study period.

When I took this exam, I felt as if 50% of the material was foreign to me. I felt as if I was taking the wrong test, and not the test that I studied for. I thought maybe I sat on someone else's computer by accident... To me, it did NOT feel like the qbanks at all. None of the "high yield" stuff that everyone talks about seemed to be on the exam, lol. That's how I felt at least... maybe it was just my exam. Maybe it was my nerves, idk. Either way, I gave it my best shot and used my best reasoning. Unfortunately, the test graders did not agree with my reasoning. I thought maybe I'll pass with low score.
What are your plans now? I am not going for rescore since its of no use.Thinking to revise for a month or 2 and then take exam. I am still shocked to see my NBME exams and final exam results ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #18  
Old 02-16-2017
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 23
Threads: 1
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Reputation: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmle_MA View Post
What are your plans now? I am not going for rescore since its of no use.Thinking to revise for a month or 2 and then take exam. I am still shocked to see my NBME exams and final exam results ...
I understand how you feel bro. I'm shocked by it too. I found my particular exam to be overly difficult, but I thought that I would pass with a low score at least. But anyway, I'm thinking of studying for 2-3 months and then retaking the exam... however, I dont know what to study and where to start. And I dont know how to take the NBME either, since I already took it. I'm also wondering if it's even worth it, because of the lower chances of getting a residency.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the USMLE Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Medical School
Choose "---" if you don't want to tell. AMG for US & Canadian medical schools. IMG for all other medical schools.
USMLE Steps History
What steps finished! Example: 1+CK+CS+3 = Passed Step 1, Step 2 CK, Step 2 CS, and Step 3.

Choose "---" if you don't want to tell.

Favorite USMLE Books
What USMLE books you really think are useful. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.
Location
Where you live. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.

Log-in


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Waiting for Step 2 ck Result. 4 weeks of deep reflection Adjstmntdisorder USMLE Step 2 CK Forum 10 11-13-2015 09:49 PM
Anyone waiting for result Oct 1? IMlover USMLE Step 3 Forum 9 09-30-2014 08:26 PM
Waiting for Step 2 CK Result: September 24, 2014 BossMD USMLE Step 2 CK Forum 0 09-23-2014 04:25 PM
Waiting for Step 3 result. Any correlation with delay in report and failure? skiiman1 USMLE Step 3 Forum 2 07-08-2013 06:50 AM
Anyone waiting for their result today? doc Mm USMLE Step 1 Forum 0 11-16-2011 04:18 AM

Find Us on Facebook
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

USMLE® & other trade marks belong to their respective owners, read full disclaimer
USMLE Forums created under Creative Commons 3.0 License. (2009-2019)