Questions about USMLE - USMLE Forums
USMLE Forums Logo
USMLE Forums         Your Reliable USMLE Online Community     Members     Posts
Home
USMLE Articles
USMLE News
USMLE Polls
USMLE Books
USMLE Apps
Go Back   USMLE Forums > USMLE Step 1 Forum

USMLE Step 1 Forum USMLE Step 1 Discussion Forum: Let's talk about anything related to USMLE Step 1 exam


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-25-2017
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 3
Threads: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Default Questions about USMLE

Hi all . . .
please, I wanna ask some questions about the USMLE
First of all, how much score shall I get in step one to be able to go to the USA and is there any way to have the 7th ( after 3 basic years and 3 clinical years ) medical year in the US and then after that to be specialized in something like heart or etc ,,,
and if yes do they pay me a salary ? how much and when ?
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



  #2  
Old 04-25-2017
DocSpy332's Avatar
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 63
Threads: 4
Thanked 28 Times in 20 Posts
Reputation: 38
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yasar View Post
Hi all . . .
please, I wanna ask some questions about the USMLE
First of all, how much score shall I get in step one to be able to go to the USA and is there any way to have the 7th ( after 3 basic years and 3 clinical years ) medical year in the US and then after that to be specialized in something like heart or etc ,,,
and if yes do they pay me a salary ? how much and when ?
Thanks
Hi!
The score you have to get depends on the residency you wanna get. A noncompetitive residency like family medicine would require a lower step 1 score, than lets say for example orthopaedics, to get into. And of course you ve got to get a passing score in order to be able to apply!
I can not understand the other question.. (How many years is your school? What do you mean to have the 7th year in the us? As a student? As a resident? What do tou mean when will they pay you?)
__________________
My
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
254
The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 04-25-2017
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 3
Threads: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocSpy332 View Post
Hi!
The score you have to get depends on the residency you wanna get. A noncompetitive residency like family medicine would require a lower step 1 score, than lets say for example orthopaedics, to get into. And of course you ve got to get a passing score in order to be able to apply!
I can not understand the other question.. (How many years is your school? What do you mean to have the 7th year in the us? As a student? As a resident? What do tou mean when will they pay you?)
I heard that they pay you a salary when you are making residency so I was asking about it ( if so, how much will they give me and will it be enough for me and my wife )
and here in Jordan the medicine school is 6 years ( 3 basic and 3 clinical ) and the 7th year is to work in a hospital here and they call it Internship year and it is one year and I was asking if I can make it in USA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
  #4  
Old 04-25-2017
DocSpy332's Avatar
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 63
Threads: 4
Thanked 28 Times in 20 Posts
Reputation: 38
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yasar View Post
I heard that they pay you a salary when you are making residency so I was asking about it ( if so, how much will they give me and will it be enough for me and my wife )
and here in Jordan the medicine school is 6 years ( 3 basic and 3 clinical ) and the 7th year is to work in a hospital here and they call it Internship year and it is one year and I was asking if I can make it in USA
Yes you will get paid as a resident. The salaries are rising through years of residency. The salaries residents get are almost the same regardless the residency..

I am not familiar with the system you are describing but I auppose that if you get your degree in six first years you could apply for residency in the us. Of course to do this you ve got to be eligible (step1, step 2 ck & cs, your degree are the minimum requirements to be eleigible.. there are also other things you ve got to do in order to have chances to get into residency)
__________________
My
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
254
The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 04-26-2017
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 3
Threads: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocSpy332 View Post
Yes you will get paid as a resident. The salaries are rising through years of residency. The salaries residents get are almost the same regardless the residency..

I am not familiar with the system you are describing but I auppose that if you get your degree in six first years you could apply for residency in the us. Of course to do this you ve got to be eligible (step1, step 2 ck & cs, your degree are the minimum requirements to be eleigible.. there are also other things you ve got to do in order to have chances to get into residency)
So please I am gonna tell you what am gonna do
When I finish my basic years ( the first three years ) I will do my step 1 USMLE exam
and then I will try to get the residency through the three clinical years
is that okay ?
and if you have advices for me tell me am your little brother <3
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 04-28-2017
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 17
Threads: 2
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Reputation: 12
Default

You need to have:
- completed medical school;
- passed the USMLE Step 1, 2/CK/CS

And then you can apply for an ECFMG certification. After which, you will be able to apply for residency programs. It is more complicated than that though- you need to also have US clinical exposure, research, etc.

I suggest doing your homework on your own; sorry, not to sound crude or anything, but you need to understand the system for yourself so you can strategically plan everything. It is an intricate process that needs methodical planning.

Check out the NRMP, ECFMG websites.

Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the USMLE Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Medical School
Choose "---" if you don't want to tell. AMG for US & Canadian medical schools. IMG for all other medical schools.
USMLE Steps History
What steps finished! Example: 1+CK+CS+3 = Passed Step 1, Step 2 CK, Step 2 CS, and Step 3.

Choose "---" if you don't want to tell.

Favorite USMLE Books
What USMLE books you really think are useful. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.
Location
Where you live. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.

Log-in


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
USMLE Frequently Tested Questions 17 #usmle #surgery sohag100 USMLE Step 2 CK Forum 0 01-12-2016 02:23 PM
USMLE Frequently Tested Questions 13 #usmle #pharmacology sohag100 USMLE Step 1 Forum 1 01-12-2016 02:07 AM
USMLE Frequently Tested Questions 15 #usmle #endocrinology sohag100 USMLE Step 2 CK Forum 0 01-11-2016 09:22 AM
USMLE Frequently Tested Questions 12 #usmle #cardiology sohag100 USMLE Step 2 CK Forum 0 01-08-2016 02:17 PM
USMLE Frequently Tested Questions 11 #usmle #pharmacology sohag100 USMLE Step 1 Forum 0 01-07-2016 11:01 AM

Find Us on Facebook
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

USMLE® & other trade marks belong to their respective owners, read full disclaimer
USMLE Forums created under Creative Commons 3.0 License. (2009-2019)