Failed Step 1 165/70 - USMLE Forums
USMLE Forums Logo
USMLE Forums         Your Reliable USMLE Online Community     Members     Posts
Home
USMLE Articles
USMLE News
USMLE Polls
USMLE Books
USMLE Apps
Go Back   USMLE Forums > USMLE Step 1 Forum

USMLE Step 1 Forum USMLE Step 1 Discussion Forum: Let's talk about anything related to USMLE Step 1 exam


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-20-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 59
Threads: 22
Thanked 31 Times in 9 Posts
Reputation: 41
Help Failed Step 1 165/70

Got above borderline performance in Behav Science, Microbiology & Immunology & Pharamacology. Did badly in Physio, Biochem (too much of Mol Bio), Anatomy.
Am now planning to re-read BRS Physio, Pathoma, HY Mol Bio, HY Genetics & the rest from FA along with UW X 2 times, once subjectwise, then random. Planning 4 weeks of reading with first time UW & then 2-3 weeks 2nd time UWorld. Please advise guys who have undergone similar problems & Forum Managers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



  #2  
Old 12-20-2012
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 255
Threads: 33
Thanked 43 Times in 29 Posts
Reputation: 53
Default

Sorry to hear that bro

Which subject was the most tested other than pathology ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 12-20-2012
mdsoon's Avatar
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 259
Threads: 8
Thanked 117 Times in 79 Posts
Reputation: 127
Default

also sorry to hear?


how was your exam presented, what was mostly tested?

how long did you study for the first time?

how were you NBME score?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
  #4  
Old 01-30-2013
Dr.s.y.'s Avatar
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 12
Threads: 3
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Reputation: 12
Default I feel so bad..


hey guys, I had my result in Jan 15. Failed....
I just studied Kpl books 2 times and FA for 3 times. just did Kpl Qbook....
I know I should took NBME or UW. but I just took the exam so easy, and now I am having this awful time to pass.
I am really depress and confuse to what to do? I got my ck kpl books and CDs, I wish I could study step 1 and 2 together, I don't have time to waste anymore, I am so seek of staying home and study.......
Please help me with an actual plan.

thx
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 02-06-2013
Dr.s.y.'s Avatar
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 12
Threads: 3
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Reputation: 12
Default

****sick
sorry
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
nishaa (02-07-2013)
  #6  
Old 02-06-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 52
Threads: 1
Thanked 22 Times in 17 Posts
Reputation: 32
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.s.y. View Post
****sick
sorry
sorry to hear that dude , devise a plan set a target with q banks say above 65%
like that, keep on workin till u reach ur goal good luck
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Dr.s.y. (02-06-2013)
  #7  
Old 02-06-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 30
Threads: 4
Thanked 23 Times in 8 Posts
Reputation: 33
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.s.y. View Post
****sick
sorry
you can review my post and i am ready to help with whatever you need
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 02-06-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 30
Threads: 4
Thanked 23 Times in 8 Posts
Reputation: 33
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by docgod View Post
Got above borderline performance in Behav Science, Microbiology & Immunology & Pharamacology. Did badly in Physio, Biochem (too much of Mol Bio), Anatomy.
Am now planning to re-read BRS Physio, Pathoma, HY Mol Bio, HY Genetics & the rest from FA along with UW X 2 times, once subjectwise, then random. Planning 4 weeks of reading with first time UW & then 2-3 weeks 2nd time UWorld. Please advise guys who have undergone similar problems & Forum Managers.

hey hang in there,,,nothing to worry about just review my post and if you have any questions i am ready to help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Dr.s.y. (02-06-2013)
  #9  
Old 02-06-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 59
Threads: 22
Thanked 31 Times in 9 Posts
Reputation: 41
Default

I am no longer studying for USMLE Step 1 as I've heard guys with good scores even find it difficult to get interviews. I am taking a few months off to do a grad course and evaluate my career options ... The USMLEs are still in my thoughts but maybe slightly later .... I've just stopped Step 1 Prep ... It maybe a good thing, could give me a fresh perspective and probably I will be more level-headed and do better the next time around .... Cheers, guys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 02-07-2013
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 315
Threads: 115
Thanked 175 Times in 87 Posts
Reputation: 185
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by docgod View Post
I am no longer studying for USMLE Step 1 as I've heard guys with good scores even find it difficult to get interviews. I am taking a few months off to do a grad course and evaluate my career options ... The USMLEs are still in my thoughts but maybe slightly later .... I've just stopped Step 1 Prep ... It maybe a good thing, could give me a fresh perspective and probably I will be more level-headed and do better the next time around .... Cheers, guys.
wait!

did you watch kaplan videos with lecture notes?

did you annotate?

did you do all of usworld questions? did you actively write the explanations you didn't understand in FA?

did you take practice exams to see where you're at?

did you REALLY understand all of FA?

unless you can answer a definite yes to all of these questions, then there is still more you can do (and probably should have done).


i had a classmate from medical school, who absolutely did everything possible to pass, he passed the first time, just by 1 point. but he gave absolutely everything he had. and tbh, he always struggled in medical school, and he knew that things would be tough for him.

if i were you, don't take drastic steps of getting into another program. you have come a long way!! do not throw it away.

as far as other people getting high scores, and not getting in...are you really going to go by that? because there are lots of people with low scores who do get in also!

if i were you, i'd take a week off. just do something else, and de-stress yourself. go exercise/workout if you have to. then start over, and do things the right way.

you're only a failure if you keep making the same mistakes. so do something differently, tell yourself you will do it, and have a positive attitude.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #11  
Old 02-07-2013
hoor's Avatar
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 141
Threads: 16
Thanked 53 Times in 28 Posts
Reputation: 63
Send a message via Skype™ to hoor
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReggieMiller View Post
wait!

did you watch kaplan videos with lecture notes?

did you annotate?

did you do all of usworld questions? did you actively write the explanations you didn't understand in FA?

did you take practice exams to see where you're at?

did you REALLY understand all of FA?

unless you can answer a definite yes to all of these questions, then there is still more you can do (and probably should have done).


i had a classmate from medical school, who absolutely did everything possible to pass, he passed the first time, just by 1 point. but he gave absolutely everything he had. and tbh, he always struggled in medical school, and he knew that things would be tough for him.

if i were you, don't take drastic steps of getting into another program. you have come a long way!! do not throw it away.

as far as other people getting high scores, and not getting in...are you really going to go by that? because there are lots of people with low scores who do get in also!

if i were you, i'd take a week off. just do something else, and de-stress yourself. go exercise/workout if you have to. then start over, and do things the right way.

you're only a failure if you keep making the same mistakes. so do something differently, tell yourself you will do it, and have a positive attitude.
i second that thought
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #12  
Old 02-07-2013
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 452
Threads: 11
Thanked 355 Times in 197 Posts
Reputation: 365
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReggieMiller View Post
wait!

did you watch kaplan videos with lecture notes?

did you annotate?

did you do all of usworld questions? did you actively write the explanations you didn't understand in FA?

did you take practice exams to see where you're at?

did you REALLY understand all of FA?

unless you can answer a definite yes to all of these questions, then there is still more you can do (and probably should have done).


i had a classmate from medical school, who absolutely did everything possible to pass, he passed the first time, just by 1 point. but he gave absolutely everything he had. and tbh, he always struggled in medical school, and he knew that things would be tough for him.

if i were you, don't take drastic steps of getting into another program. you have come a long way!! do not throw it away.

as far as other people getting high scores, and not getting in...are you really going to go by that? because there are lots of people with low scores who do get in also!

if i were you, i'd take a week off. just do something else, and de-stress yourself. go exercise/workout if you have to. then start over, and do things the right way.

you're only a failure if you keep making the same mistakes. so do something differently, tell yourself you will do it, and have a positive attitude.
Reggie with the three!!!!!!!!!!

Well said
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #13  
Old 02-08-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1 + CS
Posts: 48
Threads: 12
Thanked 13 Times in 11 Posts
Reputation: 23
Default

What you need is a break.Take a break.Don't think about anything.Your subconscious mind will do the thinking.And am betting you'll be back sooner rather than later with renewed energy and will do great.
Be at peace with yourself and your decisions.Once you are at peace with yourself you'll know the sundries(what books to read and what qbanks to do and how to go about doing it) automatically.
All the best!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Dr.s.y. (02-11-2013)



Reply

Tags
Failed-Attempts

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the USMLE Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Medical School
Choose "---" if you don't want to tell. AMG for US & Canadian medical schools. IMG for all other medical schools.
USMLE Steps History
What steps finished! Example: 1+CK+CS+3 = Passed Step 1, Step 2 CK, Step 2 CS, and Step 3.

Choose "---" if you don't want to tell.

Favorite USMLE Books
What USMLE books you really think are useful. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.
Location
Where you live. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.

Log-in


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Almost failed Step 1 Dinamur IMG Residency Match Forum 0 04-11-2012 11:58 AM
failed step 1 star123 USMLE Step 1 Forum 47 01-20-2012 12:20 PM
failed step 1-- PLS HELP pshah514 USMLE Step 1 Forum 8 07-14-2011 08:52 AM
If you've failed step 1, we can help USMLE-Tutor USMLE Links & Free Ads 0 06-13-2011 01:51 PM
Failed in Step 1 Simi USMLE Step 1 Forum 8 12-18-2010 08:48 AM

Find Us on Facebook
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

USMLE® & other trade marks belong to their respective owners, read full disclaimer
USMLE Forums created under Creative Commons 3.0 License. (2009-2019)