USMLE Forums

USMLE Forums (https://www.usmle-forums.com/)
-   USMLE Step 2 CK Forum (https://www.usmle-forums.com/usmle-step-2-ck-forum/)
-   -   Done with CK and my collection of high yield pictures! (https://www.usmle-forums.com/usmle-step-2-ck-forum/11024-done-ck-my-collection-high-yield-pictures.html)

theunique 06-25-2011 02:01 AM

Done with CK and my collection of high yield pictures!
 
14 Attachment(s)
hey guyz..how are you!!

Well..I just took CK on 23rd of this month..am not sure how it went, it didn't go bad, it didnt go ..like "wow" either..let's see what happens..

I used this forum and it was of great help to me..I shall be glad to answer any questions you might have regarding the test..

one thing...below is the link to all the pictures I collected during my CK prep..of course most of them are from internet, but at least you can now find them at one place..I found these pictures quite useful coz not only u may see anyone of them in ur exam (especially the new born rashes),, but also they help u to understand and remember the topic as well..

I hope they will be of help to you too..

-

kemoo 06-25-2011 02:09 AM

congratulation .... wish u great score

can you tell us about time issue was it enough ??

theunique 06-25-2011 02:42 AM

The time issue!!
 
yea..thats the same question i kept wondering about before the exam..
Regarding my exam.i did NOT have a time issue and here is the reason why :-
I already, from practice (like UWSA test) knew that time can be a serious problem,so i knew exactly how much time i could allot a question and once that ws over i would move on to next question.
The length of questions is variable..u will find questions that are much shorter than in UW,to questions that are equal in length to UW (most of the questions r),to few questions that are much lengthier than UW (say 15,20 percent of all questions).
Also the most important thing is your reflexes in solving the questions.i mean,the more extensive ur knowledge is and the more practice of mcqs u do,u can guess from the beginning of the scenario where this question is leading to,and u start collectin clues which favour or rule out a particular diagnosis, that comes only with practice and trust me UW provides u exactly that,if u do it properly.
So,bottom line is...yes,time can be an issue if u r not aware of it,and the key to avoiding this issue is to practice as many questions as u can(not necessarily in time mode..point is to be comfortable and familiar with most scenarios), and during exam,don be greedy and be prepared to leave(educated guess and move forward) a question if u cant do it in a specified amount of time.
i hope that helps

USMLE-Syndrome 06-25-2011 02:46 AM

good luck ihope u will get great score
in the last 2 weeks bf exam what did u read
and what was ur score in uwsa and uw
did u do nbme ?

dazzles 06-25-2011 02:50 AM

Hi. I hope you did well. :) Could you please tell us how long you took to study? I see that a lot of people have taken four months or more to study but I have barely 2 months and I want to do well. Do you think it's possible to finish studying for this exam in 2 months?

theunique 06-25-2011 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miss patho (Post 49085)
good luck ihope u will get great score
in the last 2 weeks bf exam what did u read
and what was ur score in uwsa and uw
did u do nbme ?

yes,i did take UWSA,almost one month before exam,and my score was 268/800..
i took all the nbmes too,couldnt score them coz i couldnt find any reliable keys,,so mainly used them to practice mcqs..
About UW Qbank, honestly,i was interested more in learning from it than score,i think it should be used more as a learning tool,to fill gaps in ur knowledge..But yea,during my second read of UW,i was scoring above 75..
Guyz i would highly recommend that u give ATLEAST 2 READS to UW QBANK..there is no point doing it once and then forget it ,coz trust me u wont remember much of the stuff if u dont do it 2 times,even if u have taken notes during the first read.

theunique 06-25-2011 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dazzles (Post 49087)
Hi. I hope you did well. :) Could you please tell us how long you took to study? I see that a lot of people have taken four months or more to study but I have barely 2 months and I want to do well. Do you think it's possible to finish studying for this exam in 2 months?

Well..it took me 12 months,coz few thingz came up and i got caught up in that and had to be away from studies for sometime..but honestly i believe that 6 months should be enough..and i think 4 months is a minimum if u r an IMG..This is beacuse ,unlike step1, it takes more time to review CK notes,coz there every thing is to be focused on,..like if u r doing a topic,u have be first know what it is,then its risk factors,then presentation,associations,workup,treatment,,u see it takes time..Also, the Question bank takes substantial amount of time, i can bet u, u wont be able to do more than 50 Qbank questions with explanations in a day especially if u are taking notes too..and i if u use UW q bank,it has like..more than 2000 question, even if u do 1000, it will still take qutie some time, and then, as i said before, u have to revise that too coz most of that u would have forgotten..
so, i think u should reconsider ur decision of taking the exam in 2 months, especially if ur an IMG...make it four months at least...u can still have hope for participating the next match..

americandoc 06-25-2011 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theunique (Post 49069)
hey guyz..how are you!!

Well..I just took CK on 23rd of this month..am not sure how it went, it didn't go bad, it didnt go ..like "wow" either..let's see what happens..

I used this forum and it was of great help to me..I shall be glad to answer any questions you might have regarding the test..

one thing...below is the link to all the pictures I collected during my CK prep..of course most of them are from internet, but at least you can now find them at one place..I found these pictures quite useful coz not only u may see anyone of them in ur exam (especially the new born rashes),, but also they help u to understand and remember the topic as well..

I hope they will be of help to you too..

-

hey congrats .....cud u please tell me what u studied for behavioral science,,can i use step one kaplan notes fr step 2 psychiatry

theunique 06-26-2011 01:02 AM

About Psychiatry and use to step1 notes
 
@ Shum
Well....although u can use step1 BS ,but to be honest with u there isnt need for that..coz the main focus of CK exam is on psychiatry,not behavioral sciences,so its better to try to understand and learn the psychiatry given in step 2 notes.Biostats is almost exactly the same in both books so thats not to be worried about..perhaps the only thing from step1 book to look for is the Defense mechanisms,and personality disorders coz they are explained in bit greater detail.otherwise,u shouldnt waste ur time with step1 book.
i would highly recommend u do the two blocks of psychiatry given in kaplan Q BOOK,and ofcourse the U world psychiatry mcqs,they will help u not only to understand important concepts,but also few additional info which u will find useful!!

USMLE-Syndrome 06-26-2011 01:09 AM

iwant to asko about biostatistics was uw enough for it ???? was there 4 q in every block biostatistics ?

theunique 06-26-2011 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miss patho (Post 49292)
iwant to asko about biostatistics was uw enough for it ???? was there 4 q in every block biostatistics ?

Yea, UW was enough for it, in addition to Kaplan notes of course..
Amm am not so sure about the four questions per block thing but I did get questions from biostats, seemed pretty straight forward to me, nothing fancy..

Ace3 06-26-2011 06:30 AM

You have done your part and now just relax...you will get good score dont worry...gl:)...i am doing IM now...just thinking of revising pathophysiology along with it..what do u think...is it enough to just revise before going to exam or wont require...plzz advice..

theunique 06-26-2011 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by confident (Post 49320)
You have done your part and now just relax...you will get good score dont worry...gl:)...i am doing IM now...just thinking of revising pathophysiology along with it..what do u think...is it enough to just revise before going to exam or wont require...plzz advice..

what resources are u using for ur study??

Ace3 06-26-2011 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theunique (Post 49365)
what resources are u using for ur study??

i am using kaplan so far......planning to buy mtb later...and i have TN which i have not read so far...thanks

theunique 06-27-2011 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by confident (Post 49452)
i am using kaplan so far......planning to buy mtb later...and i have TN which i have not read so far...thanks

If u r using Kaplan notes i don think there is any need to review pathophysiology as a separate topic,Kaplan should cover it,and the gaps left can be covered by some good Qbank..i used UW qbank + Kaplan Q book(not bank)..that should be enough..honestly i dont know about MTB ,or Kaplan q bank coz i never used them..but i found my resources to be quite sufficient for every subject,there was hardly any question in exam that i had no clue about and most importantly ,i was COMFORTABLE doing most of the questions..
As for u,i would suggest ,stick to the standards(many ppl use MTB,if u find it useful thats fine)..and make sure that u practice a lots and lots of mcqs,i would suggest atleast 2000-2500 WITH explanations.k
i did offline nbmes and took UWSA test as well..these helped..i would recommend every one to take UWSA a month before the exam..its cheap,gives u a nice picture of real exam and has entirely new questions not selected from the Q bank,and also it gives u an idea of where u stand regarding ur time management.
i hope that helps!!

Ace3 06-27-2011 04:33 AM

thank u so much...its very helplful for me:)

martha18 06-28-2011 05:09 PM

% of questions
 
Thank u very much to post the links, that is very helpful. I'm about to take CK2 exam and I would like to know if u can tell me the average of questions per specialty, what do u think was the % of questions for Internal medicine, surgery, pediatrics, etc Just and estimate, because I know is not going to be the same every exam and now that u already took the exam what are ur recommendations for the ones that are in the process of taking it?
Wishing u the best in your exam!!:happy:

theunique 06-28-2011 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martha18 (Post 49988)
Thank u very much to post the links, that is very helpful. I'm about to take CK2 exam and I would like to know if u can tell me the average of questions per specialty, what do u think was the % of questions for Internal medicine, surgery, pediatrics, etc Just and estimate, because I know is not going to be the same every exam and now that u already took the exam what are ur recommendations for the ones that are in the process of taking it?
Wishing u the best in your exam!!:happy:

Its medicine mainly,i would say 50% medicine, rest is almost equally divided.got a fair share of gynaen obs, and paeds as well..surgery especially trauma questions,and then psychiatry questions..Biostats question were few and far between,but still had questions from biostats too

aa1984 06-29-2011 05:08 PM

You've been so generous with sharing your experience and the images, thank you. I wanted to ask if perhaps you still have your answer keys to the nbmes? I can't afford to them online and have managed to find 2 different ones neither of whom have been made with much certainty. I have less than a month left and won't be able to search out too many right answers in case of conflicts. Think you could help with this? Much appreciated, and thank you.

theunique 06-30-2011 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aa1984 (Post 50276)
You've been so generous with sharing your experience and the images, thank you. I wanted to ask if perhaps you still have your answer keys to the nbmes? I can't afford to them online and have managed to find 2 different ones neither of whom have been made with much certainty. I have less than a month left and won't be able to search out too many right answers in case of conflicts. Think you could help with this? Much appreciated, and thank you.

Honestly..this is the very same problem i faced when i was attempting the nbmes.Despite my best efforts i was unable to find the right keys.As i already mentioned i didnt score my nbmes due to this fact.so i dont have the answers(or atleast the reliable ones to share with u),i wouldnt want u to waste ur time searching for the answers.instead just use the nbme as a source of practice questions,something tht lets u know of ur weaknesses,i.e, what sort of questions u were uncomfortable while attempting,don get obsessed with the answers.u have almost one month left for the exam and i believe u might be giving ur last read to the review books,ryt??,i think that now is the best time for u to take UWSA test..it has high quality questions,and its fully explained,costs 30 dollars..i believe it will be useful for u...Best of luck for ur exam!!

theunique 07-20-2011 05:49 AM

Got MY CK score..
 
hey guys, i just got my CK score
its 99/277..
All thanks to God
this forum also helped me a lot so all u guyz out there ,thanx to u for ur useful suggestions and advices..:-)

Ace3 07-20-2011 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theunique (Post 54773)
hey guyz,i just got my CK score
its 99/277..
this forum also helped me a lot so all u guyz out there ,thanx to u for ur useful suggestions and advices..:-)


Nice score.....congratulations. GL for future steps....:):)

Ace3 07-20-2011 06:09 AM

How many hrs you used to study??..i know quality is imp than sitting for long hrs...but still want to know..

If u find anything deficit which book you used as compensating.....congratulations once again and all the best....:)

americandoc 07-20-2011 06:30 AM

thn x fr ur info..jus wanted to knw tht u used only kaplan and u world..i mean no first aid and no mtb,,,,,i intend to use only kaplan plus u world...i cnt keep track of othr books,,,like first aid and mtb is it enuf

theunique 07-20-2011 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by americandoc (Post 54789)
thn x fr ur info..jus wanted to knw tht u used only kaplan and u world..i mean no first aid and no mtb,,,,,i intend to use only kaplan plus u world...i cnt keep track of othr books,,,like first aid and mtb is it enuf

yea,i kept it pretty simple...i did kaplan notes +UW qbank+kaplan Qbook(not bank)
along with offline nbmes and online UWSA test..i also listened to kaplan OBGYN lectures and CVS,rheumatology medicine lectures.
thats pretty much it..honestly i have no idea what FA for CK or MTB is..

theunique 07-20-2011 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by confident (Post 54780)
How many hrs you used to study??..i know quality is imp than sitting for long hrs...but still want to know..

If u find anything deficit which book you used as compensating.....congratulations once again and all the best....:)

i studied for like 7,8 hrs a day,in the last month before exam,it went up to like...10 hours..bt not more than that..
but u r ryt,its the quality not quantity that matters most..
i gave the answer to ur other question in the reply above..hope that helps

americandoc 07-20-2011 07:38 AM

thnxxxxxxxxxx
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by theunique (Post 54799)
i studied for like 7,8 hrs a day,in the last month before exam,it went up to like...10 hours..bt not more than that..
but u r ryt,its the quality not quantity that matters most..
i gave the answer to ur other question in the reply above..hope that helps

thnx a lott uniquee..may allah give u best of evrythng,,,,,,at least u annswer,,,helping ppl is great sawaab,,thnx

only2junk 07-20-2011 07:51 AM

congrats!!! on ur score
how many times did u do kaplan notes and u world???
how is kaplan q book ? did it help u?
thanks
good luck!!

iron 07-20-2011 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theunique (Post 54773)
hey guyz,i just got my CK score
its 99/277..
All thanks to almight Allah,
this forum also helped me a lot so all u guyz out there ,thanx to u for ur useful suggestions and advices..:-)

hey congrats:)
that's a great score for all the hard work u did for last 1 year ,i m too studying for 2nd time , did medicine ,now doing paed , but i m finding paed insufficient to explain few things n i having problem understanding immune diseases , cardio should i go back to step 1 book to clarify it ?or any other option ?for medicine cardio ,is the video really helpful or can we skip it as i m'not planing to see videos at all..
my exam is in sept 1 week ,in case if i m 'not scoring good in practice test(nbme ,uwsa),I m planing to shift the date ,but i m worried then i won't be able to apply for this yr match as it ll be too late ,oct end or nov. till i m ecfmg certified ,can u suggest me what i should be doing ?

Kais_MD 07-20-2011 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theunique (Post 54773)
hey guyz,i just got my CK score
its 99/277..
All thanks to almight Allah,
this forum also helped me a lot so all u guyz out there ,thanx to u for ur useful suggestions and advices..:-)

hey Congratulations on your awsome score..I am taking mine in 4 weeks....could you help and put a perspective on my last 4 weeks...So far i've done kaplan books twice...kaplan qbank but only for 2 months..>i finished Uworld once pulling mid 60's with a couple in 70 but in timed Unsed always...UWSA score of 210 when i only have done 50% of uworld...this is my 6th month and i amkinda freaking out...Can u recommend some high yield info for my last 4 weeks...

ibmsyd 07-20-2011 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theunique (Post 54773)
hey guyz,i just got my CK score
its 99/277..
All thanks to almight Allah,
this forum also helped me a lot so all u guyz out there ,thanx to u for ur useful suggestions and advices..:-)

Mashallah amazing score!! Congrats man!!!

theunique 07-20-2011 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by only2junk (Post 54810)
congrats!!! on ur score
how many times did u do kaplan notes and u world???
how is kaplan q book ? did it help u?
thanks
good luck!!

i gave three reads to kaplan notes and two reads to UW...i couldnt repeat all the questions of medicine but i managed to repeat 700 questions..for everyother subject i gave UW two reads
About kaplan Q book,,i would say its a MUST,it really helped me,and there are few topics in kaplan q book that u wont find it UW or kaplan lectures,so..yea i think u should do it

theunique 07-20-2011 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iron (Post 54819)
hey congrats:)
that's a great score for all the hard work u did for last 1 year ,i m too studying for 2nd time , did medicine ,now doing paed , but i m finding paed insufficient to explain few things n i having problem understanding immune diseases , cardio should i go back to step 1 book to clarify it ?or any other option ?for medicine cardio ,is the video really helpful or can we skip it as i m'not planing to see videos at all..
my exam is in sept 1 week ,in case if i m 'not scoring good in practice test(nbme ,uwsa),I m planing to shift the date ,but i m worried then i won't be able to apply for this yr match as it ll be too late ,oct end or nov. till i m ecfmg certified ,can u suggest me what i should be doing ?

Well..about Paeds,,u r right..immune diseases can be confusing and yet it is a very imp topic coz even i had few questions in exam from it..its a good idea to go back to step1 book to review these topics to clarify concepts,,doing this ,along with UW mcqs for paeds and medicine should solve your problem..same goes for cardio.honestly,i felt the same difficulty and i even heard the paeds cardio lectures(only for cardio)..plus along with UW mcqs this will also help u.
About medicine cardio lectures i suggested..i see that u have still quite sometime left in ur exam,i would urge you to listen to these,reason is that cardio is a very high yield topic and u need to be comfortable with questions from it..it wont take u more than few hours to listen to the tape,taking few hours out isnt much and trust me its worth it..same goes for OBGYN lectures,listening to lectures is easy and comfortable once u have given a read to text,i believe u have already done that..so,my advice,,listen to these..
and yes u most likely wont be able to apply for match this year coz it will be quite late..but hey,better apply next year with good scores than apply this year with mere passing..makes sense??,i hope i helped u :-)

theunique 07-20-2011 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kais_MD (Post 54826)
hey Congratulations on your awsome score..I am taking mine in 4 weeks....could you help and put a perspective on my last 4 weeks...So far i've done kaplan books twice...kaplan qbank but only for 2 months..>i finished Uworld once pulling mid 60's with a couple in 70 but in timed Unsed always...UWSA score of 210 when i only have done 50% of uworld...this is my 6th month and i amkinda freaking out...Can u recommend some high yield info for my last 4 weeks...

okie...i will be honest with u..ur UWSA score...NOT GOOD..i hope u completed ur UW Qbank after that..did u??.....well..pulling out 60% or 70% in UW q bank is not an issue,main thing is that u got the info they were trying to give u in mcqs and can use it in real exam..Last four weeks ideally should be only a quick revision of kaplan notes,so that all information gets fresh in ur mind..i suggest u do that..m sure u must have taken notes from ur q bank reading..revise those notes too..In the first 2 weeks get rid of paeds,surgery and psychiatry..Reserve last two weeks for OBGYN and medicine (m saying this coz OBGYN things are more of cramming nature,can be forgotten easily),make sure u revise IM complete
i know its a lot to ask for,u can modify it according to ur needs,as only u know the best about ur prep..don freak out,keep ur head right and just give it ur best..thats all that is needed..i wish u best of luck

iron 07-20-2011 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theunique (Post 54873)
Well..about Paeds,,u r right..immune diseases can be confusing and yet it is a very imp topic coz even i had few questions in exam from it..its a good idea to go back to step1 book to review these topics to clarify concepts,,doing this ,along with UW mcqs for paeds and medicine should solve your problem..same goes for cardio.honestly,i felt the same difficulty and i even heard the paeds cardio lectures(only for cardio)..plus along with UW mcqs this will also help u.
About medicine cardio lectures i suggested..i see that u have still quite sometime left in ur exam,i would urge you to listen to these,reason is that cardio is a very high yield topic and u need to be comfortable with questions from it..it wont take u more than few hours to listen to the tape,taking few hours out isnt much and trust me its worth it..same goes for OBGYN lectures,listening to lectures is easy and comfortable once u have given a read to text,i believe u have already done that..so,my advice,,listen to these..
and yes u most likely wont be able to apply for match this year coz it will be quite late..but hey,better apply next year with good scores than apply this year with mere passing..makes sense??,i hope i helped u :-)

thank you so much ,I really appreciate what u have advised me and all the best with ur upcoming exms:)

theunique 07-20-2011 11:40 PM

thanx everyone for the wishes,i appreciate that :-)..
wish all u guyz the best of luck for ur examz

Kais_MD 07-21-2011 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theunique (Post 54878)
okie...i will be honest with u..ur UWSA score...NOT GOOD..i hope u completed ur UW Qbank after that..did u??.....well..pulling out 60% or 70% in UW q bank is not an issue,main thing is that u got the info they were trying to give u in mcqs and can use it in real exam..Last four weeks ideally should be only a quick revision of kaplan notes,so that all information gets fresh in ur mind..i suggest u do that..m sure u must have taken notes from ur q bank reading..revise those notes too..In the first 2 weeks get rid of paeds,surgery and psychiatry..Reserve last two weeks for OBGYN and medicine (m saying this coz OBGYN things are more of cramming nature,can be forgotten easily),make sure u revise IM complete
i know its a lot to ask for,u can modify it according to ur needs,as only u know the best about ur prep..don freak out,keep ur head right and just give it ur best..thats all that is needed..i wish u best of luck

thanks alot man..>Yes i have finished all my uWorld and took enough notes...basically now i am reading MTB internal med a section a day and revising notes while retaking uworld...i am hoping this cements all that knowledge in my brain...Thanks again and Goodluck in your residency....

theunique 07-21-2011 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kais_MD (Post 55070)
thanks alot man..>Yes i have finished all my uWorld and took enough notes...basically now i am reading MTB internal med a section a day and revising notes while retaking uworld...i am hoping this cements all that knowledge in my brain...Thanks again and Goodluck in your residency....

thanx...best of luck for ur exam

Neutr0phil 03-12-2017 04:23 PM

Best derm source for USMLE, here are all the pics
 
Hey guys, Checkout the book "Dermatology for the USMLE" in Amazon.

Cover all derm topics for the boards, excellent source to score high. It has HIGH quality pics for every disease you may encounter in the USMLE's.

Bought it in amazon 5 months ago, it is awesome. A must have...

prabhjot 03-13-2017 03:49 AM

study tools for step 2 ck
 
what are good study materials for step 2 ck

Haptoglobin 04-05-2017 02:05 PM

congrats and thank you


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:01 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

USMLE® & other trade marks belong to their respective owners, read full disclaimer
USMLE Forums created under Creative Commons 3.0 License. (2009-2019)