USMLE Forums

USMLE Forums (https://www.usmle-forums.com/)
-   USMLE Step 2 CK Forum (https://www.usmle-forums.com/usmle-step-2-ck-forum/)
-   -   Thanks God, my step 2 CK score is 281 !!! (https://www.usmle-forums.com/usmle-step-2-ck-forum/15424-thanks-god-my-step-2-ck-score-281-a.html)

harlesmd 10-05-2011 06:39 AM

Thanks God, my step 2 CK score is 281 !!!
 
1 Attachment(s)
I just received my score today at 6:35 AM PST. Took my exam 9/15.

USMLE Step 1 : 262
USMLE Step 2 : 281 (holly sh*t, can't believe it !!!!!)

Total prep time : 3 months
NBME 3 : 253 (4 weeks before exam)
NBME 4 : 265. UWSA : 262 (back to back. one week before exam)
UW : 82%, timed-mixed-unused qs mode, 1x only

Here's a copy of my report
Attachment 2034
click image to enlarge

I wrote my journal here : http://www.usmle-forums.com/usmle-st...k-journal.html

bebix 10-05-2011 06:44 AM

Oh my god!!!...you rock!!!!!!!!!

congrats!! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

rooshy 10-05-2011 06:46 AM

Oh my god !! Man you beat it !! Such an amazing score !!!
Congratulationsssssssssss ! :) :d

angelina vivien 10-05-2011 06:48 AM

wow!!!!!
 
oh my god!!!!! that's a very high step 2 score!!!!! you aced your step 1 and now step 2 again!!!! congratulations!!!!!! why not apply for neuro or plastic instead of pedia....hehe ok i'm kidding :) i know u want pedia.

please post your study guides and the review materials u used so we can all follow your footsteps... :)

IMGs ROCK!!!!! :happy:

angelina vivien 10-05-2011 06:57 AM

oh, i didnt see u posted a ck journal :))

congrats again!!!

you make IMGs proud!!!

harlesmd 10-05-2011 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angelina vivien (Post 71678)
oh, i didnt see u posted a ck journal :))

congrats again!!!

you make IMGs proud!!!

Well, thanks a lot my friend. My CK journal was not a popular one, you may see there's no one interested in it :)). But I will try to share my experience and probably some tips if anyone is interested.

harlesmd 10-05-2011 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angelina vivien (Post 71674)
oh my god!!!!! that's a very high step 2 score!!!!! you aced your step 1 and now step 2 again!!!! congratulations!!!!!! why not apply for neuro or plastic instead of pedia....hehe ok i'm kidding :) i know u want pedia.

please post your study guides and the review materials u used so we can all follow your footsteps... :)

IMGs ROCK!!!!! :happy:

This score will not change my future goal, I've always wanted to become a pediatrician and hopefully it will help me to reach my dream....:)

angelina vivien 10-05-2011 07:10 AM

yes, please :) do share your experience and tips for the CK exam when you get the chance :) it will be of much help to all of us. will definitely subscribe again to your post :)

for the meantime, you go party and celebrate with family and friends!! Happy-2

angelina vivien 10-05-2011 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harlesmd (Post 71681)
This score will not change my future goal, I've always wanted to become a pediatrician and hopefully it will help me to reach my dream....:)


with those stellar scores, you will definitely reach your goal. i'm sure you will match in pedia. :)

OzoneZone234 10-05-2011 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harlesmd (Post 71670)
I just received my score today at 6:35 AM PST. Took my exam 9/15.

USMLE Step 1 : 262
USMLE Step 2 : 281 (holly sh*t, can't believe it !!!!!)

Total prep time : 3 months
NBME 3 : 253 (4 weeks before exam)
NBME 4 : 265. UWSA : 262 (back to back. one week before exam)
UW : 82%, timed-mixed-unused qs mode, 1x only

I wrote my journal here : http://www.usmle-forums.com/usmle-st...k-journal.html

Harry my good friend, I used to think you were a very smart guy. Now I'm beginning to be believe you are just not smart but also supernatural.

Like you said, holly sh*tttttt, that is the highest USMLE score I have ever come across anywhere ever. U rock man. All you need to do now is sit back relax and interview residency program directors (yes, you will be the one conducting the interviews:D..... hehehe congrats man

harlesmd 10-05-2011 07:28 AM

I begin to think that I am abnormal...as you said Happy-2
Man....I have no idea how I can get that score, it's 16 points higher than the highest score predicted by NBME. I think this is miracle and God plays a major role here....

I like the idea of interviewing the PD :))...well, there's a long road lies ahead....but we're getting closer to our dream....

Quote:

Originally Posted by OzoneZone234 (Post 71686)
Harry my good friend, I used to think you were a very smart guy. Now I'm beginning to be believe you are just not smart but also supernatural.

Like you said, holly sh*tttttt, that is the highest USMLE score I have ever come across anywhere ever. U rock man. All you need to do now is sit back relax and interview residency program directors (yes, you will be the one conducting the interviews:D..... hehehe congrats man


step1an 10-05-2011 08:03 AM

Congrats !!!
I knew u were on your way to get a high score...
but thats huge.....:D
u certainly deserve that....

Ace3 10-05-2011 08:50 AM

wow amazing and awsome scoreHappy-2...wow.........
congratulations:)

tangled 10-05-2011 12:57 PM

Talk of the FORUM
 
Congratulations.......dat is an amazing score........u r the most famous person on forum today.............it seems.............heard abt your score..........culdnt believe until i saw ur post. Great job!

ibmsyd 10-05-2011 01:24 PM

AMAZING score!! Congrats!!

Al-Saoudi 10-05-2011 01:54 PM

cong bro......i knew that u gonna rock step 2 also.....wish u all de best with pedo..........i will bring ma child 2 u now lol

witecloud 10-05-2011 08:01 PM

Congratulations!!!!!!!!! what an inspiration you are....i read the numbers twice just to make sure that im not reading wrong ,then i said it loud...2..8...1 !!!!

Amazing is a small word for it! :))
Lots of well wishes for your residency!
Wish I had brains like you too ;)

harlesmd 10-05-2011 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by witecloud (Post 71780)
Congratulations!!!!!!!!! what an inspiration you are....i read the numbers twice just to make sure that im not reading wrong ,then i said it loud...2..8...1 !!!!

Amazing is a small word for it! :))
Lots of well wishes for your residency!
Wish I had brains like you too ;)

That's exactly what I did this morning...just couldn't believe what I saw with my own eyes...:))

witecloud 10-05-2011 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harlesmd (Post 71781)
That's exactly what I did this morning...just couldn't believe what I saw with my own eyes...:))

I can feel your excitement :) Keep Laughing and have lots of fun!!!!

You have it all !!!!! Enjoyyyyyyyyy!Happy-2

nikhilesh 10-05-2011 10:16 PM

Amazing feat!!!!!

iron 10-05-2011 10:22 PM

OMG....this is unbelievable, party time..congratss...:)

mohitkmc 10-06-2011 05:29 AM

Wowwwwwwwwww!!!!
 
Congrats man thats the highest score I have ever heard.....Definitily you are a supernatural may be we can do experimentation on your brain......haha it can be a grear research paper...Party hard I am sure you will be already doin that:happy:

sufi 10-06-2011 11:07 AM

awesome man
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by harlesmd (Post 71670)
I just received my score today at 6:35 AM PST. Took my exam 9/15.

USMLE Step 1 : 262
USMLE Step 2 : 281 (holly sh*t, can't believe it !!!!!)

Total prep time : 3 months
NBME 3 : 253 (4 weeks before exam)
NBME 4 : 265. UWSA : 262 (back to back. one week before exam)
UW : 82%, timed-mixed-unused qs mode, 1x only

I wrote my journal here : http://www.usmle-forums.com/usmle-st...k-journal.html

congratulations .plz do share ur experience and some tips.

amberafzal 10-06-2011 02:23 PM

wow dats a supercool score and u got to it in a supercool way deviatin from d usual path step 2ck students choose:):):) congraatttssss

dr.digant 10-10-2011 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harlesmd (Post 71670)
I just received my score today at 6:35 AM PST. Took my exam 9/15.

USMLE Step 1 : 262
USMLE Step 2 : 281 (holly sh*t, can't believe it !!!!!)

Total prep time : 3 months
NBME 3 : 253 (4 weeks before exam)
NBME 4 : 265. UWSA : 262 (back to back. one week before exam)
UW : 82%, timed-mixed-unused qs mode, 1x only

I wrote my journal here : http://www.usmle-forums.com/usmle-st...k-journal.html

hey buddy....i am going to start reading for step 2...can u suggest me from where i should start??..i wanna do kaplan videoes,kaplan lec notes,kaplan qbank online,usmle world,mtb as quick review book...i got my step 1 score 10 days before its 255/99....my expectation for step 2 ck is around 260..can u guide me??...how much time should i give for whole ck prep???..i have read ur preparation journal but u have done it with bullet speed..i am thinking to do kaplan qbank along with preparation as learning tool..i cant finish uw in 3 weeks:-)..i need around 45 days as per my capacity...and yeah BIG CONGRATES FOR UR MIND BLOWING SCORE:-)...thanks in advance for ur advice:-)

harlesmd 10-10-2011 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dr.digant (Post 72471)
hey buddy....i am going to start reading for step 2...can u suggest me from where i should start??..i wanna do kaplan videoes,kaplan lec notes,kaplan qbank online,usmle world,mtb as quick review book...i got my step 1 score 10 days before its 255/99....my expectation for step 2 ck is around 260..can u guide me??...how much time should i give for whole ck prep???..i have read ur preparation journal but u have done it with bullet speed..i am thinking to do kaplan qbank along with preparation as learning tool..i cant finish uw in 3 weeks:-)..i need around 45 days as per my capacity...and yeah BIG CONGRATES FOR UR MIND BLOWING SCORE:-)...thanks in advance for ur advice:-)

Congrats for your great step 1 score !!! I will advice you the order and you can determine how long it will take to finish each step based on your capacity :
Step 1. Kaplan lecture notes + videos
Step 2. Master The Board step 2 CK + Kaplan Qbank (subject wise !!!, timed-mode if possible)
Step 3. USMLE world (random-timed-unused questions mode), take note for new concepts or easily forgettable facts.
Step 4. Quick and final review of USMLE World notes and MTB Step 2 CK

I suggest you to take NBME 3 and NBME 4+UW Assessment Exam (back to back) after step 2 and step 3 respectively.

Good luck !!!

Dr_Laura 10-11-2011 05:10 PM

This is the most amazing score I've seen.... My jaw is on the floor. Congrats harlesmd!!!!!!!!

samstar 10-12-2011 03:02 AM

thnk God we have u on this forum..lol....
keep us posted on ur cs n match.......
:)

chulady 10-12-2011 04:04 AM

Awesome score
 
Congratulations, Its awesome score I hv ever seen ....

sair 10-12-2011 07:12 AM

Congrats Alot. It's really awesome. I m waiting for my result of step 2. I just want to ask that what was your estimate after taking exam? And how many questions did you think you did wrong? Plzzzz reply

road2success 10-12-2011 11:20 AM

Congratulations!!! Mind blowing scores...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by harlesmd (Post 71670)
I just received my score today at 6:35 AM PST. Took my exam 9/15.

USMLE Step 1 : 262
USMLE Step 2 : 281 (holly sh*t, can't believe it !!!!!)

Total prep time : 3 months
NBME 3 : 253 (4 weeks before exam)
NBME 4 : 265. UWSA : 262 (back to back. one week before exam)
UW : 82%, timed-mixed-unused qs mode, 1x only

I wrote my journal here : http://www.usmle-forums.com/usmle-st...k-journal.html

Congrats!!! hav'nt heard of anyone with such great scores!!! awesome!

harlesmd 10-12-2011 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sair (Post 72734)
Congrats Alot. It's really awesome. I m waiting for my result of step 2. I just want to ask that what was your estimate after taking exam? And how many questions did you think you did wrong? Plzzzz reply

I never expected my score would be over 260. My best estimate was 240 so I was really surprised when I got my resultHappy-2. When I finished the exam, I was so tired and hardly remembered how many questions I got wrong. I think I marked around 10 questions per block.

fighter6 10-12-2011 09:13 PM

Congrats on the Outstanding Score! I could not believe it when I first read it! I saw your journal as well with high scores on pretests...you deserve it...Good Luck...and Pray for us too...

abosaqr 10-13-2011 03:52 AM

Congratulations !!!!!!!!! Happy-2Happy-2Happy-2

Quote:

Originally Posted by harlesmd (Post 72525)
Congrats for your great step 1 score !!! I will advice you the order and you can determine how long it will take to finish each step based on your capacity :
Step 1. Kaplan lecture notes + videos
Step 2. Master The Board step 2 CK + Kaplan Qbank (subject wise !!!, timed-mode if possible)
Step 3. USMLE world (random-timed-unused questions mode), take note for new concepts or easily forgettable facts.
Step 4. Quick and final review of USMLE World notes and MTB Step 2 CK

I suggest you to take NBME 3 and NBME 4+UW Assessment Exam (back to back) after step 2 and step 3 respectively.

Good luck !!!

only ?? or with any other books

sair 10-13-2011 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harlesmd (Post 72806)
I never expected my score would be over 260. My best estimate was 240 so I was really surprised when I got my resultHappy-2. When I finished the exam, I was so tired and hardly remembered how many questions I got wrong. I think I marked around 10 questions per block.

thats gr8. If u marked 10 questions per block that means around 80 in 8 blocks. and these included all u thought could be wrong and all for which u were sure were wrong. Am i right? And i heard if u get wrong around 70 questions, u barely pass. Is that correct?

harlesmd 10-15-2011 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sair (Post 72896)
thats gr8. If u marked 10 questions per block that means around 80 in 8 blocks. and these included all u thought could be wrong and all for which u were sure were wrong. Am i right? And i heard if u get wrong around 70 questions, u barely pass. Is that correct?

Yes, that 10 questions were the one which I "might" get them wrong but who knows probably I got them all right :)

Honestly I dont know how many questions you should get right to pass this exam and I think no one now.

harlesmd 10-15-2011 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abosaqr (Post 72881)
Congratulations !!!!!!!!! Happy-2Happy-2Happy-2



only ?? or with any other books

I did use other resources (handouts, supplement lecture notes) that I got during Kaplan Live Lecture but they are minor. It's unpublished resources which unfortunately I can not share it with you guys due to the regulation from Kaplan.

sair 10-15-2011 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harlesmd (Post 73281)
Yes, that 10 questions were the one which I "might" get them wrong but who knows probably I got them all right :)

Honestly I dont know how many questions you should get right to pass this exam and I think no one now.

But as far as I remember I checked my doubtful questions. And those were about 60. And confirmed wrong ones I found out were 42. Still I think mine are so wrong that shouldn't be. Still hoping 4 better score.

road2success 10-16-2011 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harlesmd (Post 73282)
I did use other resources (handouts, supplement lecture notes) that I got during Kaplan Live Lecture but they are minor. It's unpublished resources which unfortunately I can not share it with you guys due to the regulation from Kaplan.

did you have classic cases in exam or they where indirect questions?
when i did kaplan q book i found it was all classic cases and when i did uw mostly it was indirect and difficult ones.

harlesmd 10-16-2011 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by road2success (Post 73357)
did you have classic cases in exam or they where indirect questions?
when i did kaplan q book i found it was all classic cases and when i did uw mostly it was indirect and difficult ones.

I believe it was a mixed of them with more weight on classic cases. Even for a classic case, keep in mind that they might put additional information in the vignettes that might change the diagnosis. So read the whole vignettes carefully.

DIABLO 10-16-2011 10:35 AM

MTB2
 
hai harles congrats on ur awesome score and 4 showin impossible is nothin...could u tell me more hw u used ur MTB, i was thinkin of complementin MTB with kaplan(addin kaplan notes into mtb)would that suffice 4 the defficiencies in MTB( and i have already completed my step 1),i am not planin to go into kaplan in such detail...

harlesmd 10-16-2011 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DIABLO (Post 73375)
hai harles congrats on ur awesome score and 4 showin impossible is nothin...could u tell me more hw u used ur MTB, i was thinkin of complementin MTB with kaplan(addin kaplan notes into mtb)would that suffice 4 the defficiencies in MTB( and i have already completed my step 1),i am not planin to go into kaplan in such detail...

Yes that was how I used MTB. I only read Kaplan LN once and annotated my MTB during Kaplan Live Lectures. If you're not attending Kaplan lecture, videos will serve the similar purpose. Good luck

amberafzal 10-17-2011 11:20 AM

how did u confirm d answers ov d questions u got wrong on nbme...is there any reliable source?

harlesmd 10-19-2011 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amberafzal (Post 73618)
how did u confirm d answers ov d questions u got wrong on nbme...is there any reliable source?

There is no reliable resources for that, I looked up my notes, searched in the internet, basically anything I could do to find the best answer.

docs 10-20-2011 01:31 AM

wowww:):):)
congrates....very well done

sonu.agarwall 10-20-2011 01:50 AM

thats a real awesome score...congrats...u'll b my role model from now..:)

road2success 10-23-2011 04:32 AM

UWSA
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by harlesmd (Post 73360)
I believe it was a mixed of them with more weight on classic cases. Even for a classic case, keep in mind that they might put additional information in the vignettes that might change the diagnosis. So read the whole vignettes carefully.

I have another doubt. today i started taking uwsa and done with two blocks now i feel the questions are difficult and lengthy and no time:(

did the exam mimic difficult questions like you find on uwsa or comparitively easy?

am just losing hope after doing uwsa while my exam is in the end of this week:(

samikhan3232 11-01-2011 05:43 AM

usmle step 2 ck score
 
HAHA well i scored 285 watching kaplan videos only

sonu.agarwall 11-01-2011 08:42 AM

those r truely dream scores man

amt_sm 03-13-2014 04:17 PM

could you please mention the number of questions (UW + Kaplan .. bla bla ) you solved before stepping into the exam .. could you tell anything about your background knowledge .. congratulations brother

Gkh Fujuv 09-21-2014 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harlesmd (Post 71680)
Well, thanks a lot my friend. My CK journal was not a popular one, you may see there's no one interested in it :)). But I will try to share my experience and probably some tips if anyone is interested.

A BIG CONGRATSSSSSSSS TO SUCH A GREAT ACHIEVER-:D
I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM U UR EXPERIENCE, WHAT BOOKS U USED , AND FROM WHERE U HAVE DONE UR ABSTRACTS AND ADS.
ONE THING MORE I WANTED TO ASK IF MTB IS NECESSARY TO DO ALONG WITH KAPLAN STEP 2 LECTURE NOTES AND UWQBANK...:confused:
THANKS

Dr. P 09-21-2014 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harlesmd (Post 71670)
I just received my score today at 6:35 AM PST. Took my exam 9/15.

USMLE Step 1 : 262
USMLE Step 2 : 281 (holly sh*t, can't believe it !!!!!)

Total prep time : 3 months
NBME 3 : 253 (4 weeks before exam)
NBME 4 : 265. UWSA : 262 (back to back. one week before exam)
UW : 82%, timed-mixed-unused qs mode, 1x only

Here's a copy of my report
Attachment 2034
click image to enlarge

I wrote my journal here : http://www.usmle-forums.com/usmle-st...k-journal.html





Congrats.....
and All the best for next step

Ergo Proxy 09-21-2014 12:47 PM

Just for those wondering, this thread was created over 3 years ago. Questions has changed dramatically since 2011.

Struggler 09-22-2014 02:38 AM

Can I get a personalized suggestion from you Harlesmd? here's my email i.d ( [email protected])

usmled10 11-26-2014 04:36 AM

Wow. What an amazing score.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:26 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

USMLE® & other trade marks belong to their respective owners, read full disclaimer
USMLE Forums created under Creative Commons 3.0 License. (2009-2019)