USMLE Forums Master
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Thanked 2,249 Times in 1,096 Posts
Effects of GLP-1 Agonists
- Which of the following is not true?
1.When compared to insulin glargine, treatment with glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) receptor agonists
- 2.consistently demonstrate better glycemic control and more weight gain
3. Treatment with GLP-1 RA is associated with weight loss, as opposed to weight gain with insulin
4.Treatment with GLP-1 RA is associated with improvement in systolic blood pressure
5.Combination of GLP-1 RA with basal insulin is associated with a favorable weight profile
- Which of the following is not true concerning incretin effects?
1.Incretins represent a powerful physiologic system, impacting post-meal blood glucose control
2.GLP-1 provides glucose-independent increase in glucagon secretion
3.GLP-1 receptor agonists improve cardiovascular risk factors with lipid improvements, blood pressure reduction, and weight loss
4.GLP-1 exerts powerful regulatory effects throughout the cardiovascular system
- Which of the following is not true regarding GLP-1 injectables?
1.Exenatide twice daily exerts its primary effect on postprandial glucose levels
2.Longer acting GLP-1 receptor agonists have greater impact on postprandial glucose levels
3.Gastrointestinal tolerability is greater with long-acting GLP-1 receptor agonists
4.Longer acting GLP-1 receptor agonists have a greater impact on fasting glucose levels
- Which country has the highest prevalence of diabetes based on the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) 2011 National Diabetes Fact Sheet?
- What is the goal for A1C according to the Standards of Care of the American Diabetes Association (ADA)?
1.Potentiate insulin secretion and suppress glucagon secretion in a glucose-dependent fashion
2.Increase glucagon secretion independently of insulin secretion
3.Suppress glucagon secretion independently of glucose
4.Are secreted in response to beta-cell stimulation
- Which statement is true?
1.Dipeptidyl peptidase 4 (DPP-4) rapidly deactivates GLP-1 analogs
2.The incretin effect is impaired in type 2 diabetes
3.GIP is a glucose-independent peptide
4.GIP is not affected by DPP-4
- Which of the following is not an effect of GLP-1 receptor activation?
1.Improved endothelial function
3.Increased ventricular function
4.Increased microvascular permeability
- When comparing exenatide once weekly to exenatide twice daily which of the following is not true?
1.Exenatide once weekly is associated with less nausea
2.Vomiting is less with exenatide once weekly
3.Injection site pruritus is about the same with both
4.Diarrhea is about the same with both
- Important drug interactions to keep in mind when prescribing GLP-1 agonists are all of the following except:
- 1.Absorption patterns of antibiotics can be affected
2.Absorption patterns of contraceptives can be affected
3.There is an increased risk of hypoglycemia with sulfonyureas
4.Absorption patterns of narrow threshold drugs seem to be unaffected
Last edited by Novobiocin; 08-05-2012 at 07:09 PM.