USMLE Forums

USMLE Forums (https://www.usmle-forums.com/)
-   USMLE Step 2 CK Forum (https://www.usmle-forums.com/usmle-step-2-ck-forum/)
-   -   4 days to go... (https://www.usmle-forums.com/usmle-step-2-ck-forum/5081-4-days-go.html)

ibur 11-27-2010 09:08 AM

4 days to go...
 
Hello Everyone

Just at 4 days of the CK! So far Read twice Kaplan IM, Once Surgery, Peds. Did UW once with 72%, and doing since 100 Qs or more per day... From Crush read Obgyn and read from FA Cardio.
Taken UWSA 217
NMBE 3 490
NMBE 4 510
any insight for time left? Thanks!

Did Step1 twice. scored 205/85

Good Luck!

cool_atomic 11-27-2010 09:17 AM

It's too late to even think of postponing your exam, so go for it. I too have a 204/84 in step-1 and am aiming high for step-2, so hope you pass and score well in step-2ck. Just revise your weak areas and u'll be gud for the exam in this limited time frame.
ALL THE BEST FOR YOUR EXAM. Share your exam experience with us later!

ibur 11-27-2010 04:44 PM

Hello!

Well three days to go! today did the USMLE test, got 82% don't know if is any good but at least it's a passing score. going to do some more UW Qs and call it a day.

Good Luck

usmleguy 11-27-2010 06:08 PM

good luck ibur..you can do it...
nd do share how your exam goes....

cool_atomic 11-28-2010 01:50 AM

82% is good too. Just go for the exam and do your best. let us know how it went! ALL THE BEST

mohamedomar 11-28-2010 01:19 PM

i wish you the best man

ibur 12-04-2010 08:03 AM

After The Step
 
Hello...

3 days after taking the Step... don't know how to put it don't know how it went. After finishing blocks & Qs realized had some of them wrong! so... Actually have a strange feeling about overall result...

Block 7 seems the hardest. There were lots of Obgyn Qs, IM, Peds & Psych, like 10-20's of behavioral! really strange test of what i've read... So, 3 weeks of waiting? why if its a computer based exam?!

Good luck to every one! be posting after results Hoping PASS

rasheed 12-04-2010 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ibur (Post 21523)
Hello...

3 days after taking the Step... don't know how to put it don't know how it went. After finishing blocks & Qs realized had some of them wrong! so... Actually have a strange feeling about overall result...

Block 7 seems the hardest. There were lots of Obgyn Qs, IM, Peds & Psych, like 10-20's of behavioral! really strange test of what i've read... So, 3 weeks of waiting? why if its a computer based exam?!

Good luck to every one! be posting after results Hoping PASS

Don't worry about it. Most of us had this feeling out of the exam. We wish you all the best and am sure you'll come up with good score.

cool_atomic 12-04-2010 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ibur (Post 21523)
Hello...

3 days after taking the Step... don't know how to put it don't know how it went. After finishing blocks & Qs realized had some of them wrong! so... Actually have a strange feeling about overall result...

Block 7 seems the hardest. There were lots of Obgyn Qs, IM, Peds & Psych, like 10-20's of behavioral! really strange test of what i've read... So, 3 weeks of waiting? why if its a computer based exam?!

Good luck to every one! be posting after results Hoping PASS

Congrats ibur on giving the exam....i'm sure u'll get a great score!
was there enough time to answer all the questions? how did you manage?

ibur 12-04-2010 12:52 PM

Enough Time Atomic
 
Hi

Thanks for the Cheers

There was enough time to complete the blocks., more time wouldn't be bad... had like 1-6 min average after completing the blocks.

Im always remembering Q's that I had wrong :(

GL Every One

cool_atomic 12-05-2010 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ibur (Post 21561)
Hi

Thanks for the Cheers

There was enough time to complete the blocks., more time wouldn't be bad... had like 1-6 min average after completing the blocks.

Im always remembering Q's that I had wrong :(

GL Every One

congrats ibur, everybody says time wasn't enough atleast for 2-3 questions per block. You have not had that problem!!!! Time was the only barrier in step-2ck and u've surpassed it. U'll get a great score! dnt worry!:D

ibur 12-05-2010 06:26 AM

Time...
 
Thanks Atomic

But Reading Fast, or just making it on time doesn't mean you will have a great score. At least thats what I think... Really hope it isn't so.

Best Of Luck

cool_atomic 12-05-2010 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ibur (Post 21608)
Thanks Atomic

But Reading Fast, or just making it on time doesn't mean you will have a great score. At least thats what I think... Really hope it isn't so.

Best Of Luck

dude, it's way better than leaving 3-4 questions/block (makes about 30 q's gone wrong) unattempted. Unanswered q's are counted as wrong responses; which can make a difference. Being totally nervous after a step exam is absolutely physiological for these exams...

ibur 12-06-2010 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cool_atomic (Post 21611)
dude, it's way better than leaving 3-4 questions/block (makes about 30 q's gone wrong) unattempted. Unanswered q's are counted as wrong responses; which can make a difference. Being totally nervous after a step exam is absolutely physiological for these exams...

Atom I agree that having spare time is good... just don't agree that i'ts a measurable way of knowing that one got a great score and hope thats the case of course.
Thanks and Good Luck

ibur 12-22-2010 06:03 AM

Hello Forum!
 
Hello Forum !

Just got the .pdf from Oasis:
PASS 226/99

Thank you God
GL

cool_atomic 12-22-2010 08:33 AM

congrats man on that great score!!!!!!!226/99!!!!!!!!!!!!!
you've balanced your relatively low step-1 score now (even i have a 204/84 in step-1;hoping to score like you in step-2).
Hats off to you!!!

Haisook 12-22-2010 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ibur (Post 22800)
Hello Forum !

Just got the .pdf from Oasis:
PASS 226/99

Thank you God
GL

Congrats ibur! A great achievement! :)

cool_atomic 12-22-2010 10:26 AM

but since when is 226 a 99? i've seen no less than 235/99 till now? any clue to what's going on?

Haisook 12-22-2010 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cool_atomic (Post 22819)
but since when is 226 a 99? i've seen no less than 235/99 till now? any clue to what's going on?

Exams have supposedly become harder. So lower 3-digit scores now correlate to higher 2-digit scores. Same thing happening in Step 1.

usmleguy 12-22-2010 06:49 PM

i think it has somethng to do with the exam getting harder and lesser questions..
i found out while checking one of the forums that during 2004 or before examgivers who got 244 in step 1 got 99 and anything less than 244 got lesser scores below 99 ...so 244 was the 99 margin then ..
they dropped to 235 in last 3-4 years and now for 229 is the margin for 99 in step 1....
perhaps the standard is the two digit score ...and it may have something to do with the difficulty level increasing and lesser no. of questions...


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:17 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

USMLE® & other trade marks belong to their respective owners, read full disclaimer
USMLE Forums created under Creative Commons 3.0 License. (2009-2019)