USMLE Forums

USMLE Forums (https://www.usmle-forums.com/)
-   USMLE Step 2 CK Forum (https://www.usmle-forums.com/usmle-step-2-ck-forum/)
-   -   smallneve came out from exam yesterday (https://www.usmle-forums.com/usmle-step-2-ck-forum/53522-smallneve-came-out-exam-yesterday.html)

smallneve 12-24-2013 09:04 PM

smallneve came out from exam yesterday
 
Hello guys!

Yesterday i took my exam, and here i will try to share my experience.

First of all a little background: Im 23 years old azerbaijani IMG from Russia. YOG 2013
Took my step 1 in 30.04.2013 and got 244. I wait for my step 1 score for 2 months due to verification documents problem (i still was a student then). So that time just killed me...
I start my prep for ck in mid june by watching Kaplan videos. I didnt read Kaplan books.
My serious prep started late august, so i had 4 months of serious preparation.

I read mtb 2/3 once
Did UW once - 71% ( timed unused)
NBME 4 - 235 (1 month before exam)
NBME 6 - 240 (17 days before exam)
UWSA - 257 (10 days before exam)

So uwsa results relaxed me...during uwsa i thought that i dont know what to answer in 50% of Q but i got 257

My last days before exam was strange. I felt that i burn out, i hardly pushed my self to repeat something but i repeat a lot.

My problem occured on the night before exam - i woke up 2:30 am instead of 6:30.
Before my step 1 i didnt have such problems. For me sleep is everything....so i was very anxious and tired before exam. But i pulled my self together.

So exam was lengthy. I took a break after each block.
Honestly the first block was easy....but with each block i felt that all this exam becomes unbearble. In middle of exam i felt that this is the end and i dont know exact answers for most of the Q. Q were lengthy...i felt i lost....i was so tired that i wanted to scream due to my hopelessness. But i continue. In the end of exam (last 2-3 blocks)i started to anticipate that the end of the tunnel is not so far away. The last 2 blocks were easy too.
I got 3 audio q - i hope i did well they was doable
Got 2 drug ads q - they are easy if u are read them calmly
Got 2 article q - i think they are also were doable
I had some step1 q on my ck.

So what i can say to you, guys. I dont know how i did. Even if i will fail i will not be surprised but if i get 240+ i also will be not surprised...i dont know.
Honestly I think that sharing exam experience should be done after score report:-)

So we will see

tamta 12-24-2013 11:48 PM

neither will i be suprised if you get 250 ;)
you sound like typical 240-250 guys out on first exam day.
i agree with sharing experience after getting score.
But thank you for sharing really helpful for others.

you calmed me down about drug adds abstract questions. hopefully i wll not kill myself.
can you compare roughly question length with uworld, and do you think ill be okay without going over step1 biostatistics form kaplans. i am doing very well in those questions and definetely doing review from step1 fa book.
those last days you did uworld mtb? were y able to revise like whole book in last week.

aphrodite 12-25-2013 01:15 AM

how much time did it take you to finish UW ?
good luck

cage92 12-25-2013 03:39 AM

hey what types of step1 question you faced on exam?:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

smallneve 12-25-2013 03:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cage92 (Post 232549)
hey what types of step1 question you faced on exam?:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

They were the easiest question:-)

smallneve 12-25-2013 04:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tamta (Post 232529)
neither will i be suprised if you get 250 ;)
you sound like typical 240-250 guys out on first exam day.
i agree with sharing experience after getting score.
But thank you for sharing really helpful for others.

you calmed me down about drug adds abstract questions. hopefully i wll not kill myself.
can you compare roughly question length with uworld, and do you think ill be okay without going over step1 biostatistics form kaplans. i am doing very well in those questions and definetely doing review from step1 fa book.
those last days you did uworld mtb? were y able to revise like whole book in last week.

I didnt study statistic for ck because i learnt it well during step 1:-)
I forgot to write that i read my uw notes for last 25 days:-)

Gikson 12-25-2013 04:13 AM

Congrats, you have done with one of the hardest exams ever. Relax. I am sure you'll get high score. Can you share the length of exam questions, were they compatible to uworld questions? or were longer? Was the time management problem?
Thanks!

jayashree 12-25-2013 04:40 AM

congrats on being done. :) can you please tell me if you did UW twice? or only once and then just read the notes?
how many days before the exam you finished UW? and how long did it take for you to complete UWORLD?
It is taking my lifetime to review 1 block :(

EMMY24 12-25-2013 06:52 AM

i really appreciate your input
as my exam is approaching what advice you can give me ?? what to do in the last few days ??
how is the exams questions in comparison to UW / NBME ??? is it even comparable ?
is it way more difficult that UWSA ???

smallneve 12-25-2013 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gikson (Post 232554)
Congrats, you have done with one of the hardest exams ever. Relax. I am sure you'll get high score. Can you share the length of exam questions, were they compatible to uworld questions? or were longer? Was the time management problem?
Thanks!

Some q are short, but a lot of q are long like in uw

Blocks with drug ads had 43 q
Time management is the key as people always say. I finished all blocks in time. Same think happend with me on step1

smallneve 12-25-2013 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jayashree (Post 232558)
congrats on being done. :) can you please tell me if you did UW twice? or only once and then just read the notes?
how many days before the exam you finished UW? and how long did it take for you to complete UWORLD?
It is taking my lifetime to review 1 block :(

I finished uw 25 days before exam. I did it once.
It took almost 2 month for me doing uw
I started making notes on block 12 out of 50.
This notes helped me a lot. Learning them is better than doing uw second time

smallneve 12-25-2013 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EMMY24 (Post 232571)
i really appreciate your input
as my exam is approaching what advice you can give me ?? what to do in the last few days ??
how is the exams questions in comparison to UW / NBME ??? is it even comparable ?
is it way more difficult that UWSA ???

If u took step 1 u really know the difference. Real exam is like uw mixed with nbme.
Some q were easy some of them was hard and lenght.

hydrocephalus 01-26-2014 12:01 PM

congrats on your score and thanks for sharing

how did you prepare for drug adds and articles , ?

smallneve 01-26-2014 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hydrocephalus (Post 237612)
congrats on your score and thanks for sharing

how did you prepare for drug adds and articles , ?

UW q. Free 150 q


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:48 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

USMLE® & other trade marks belong to their respective owners, read full disclaimer
USMLE Forums created under Creative Commons 3.0 License. (2009-2019)